[cups.general] StartDocPrinter

Patrick DUBAU patrick.dubau at alsace.iufm.fr
Tue Dec 7 23:48:26 PST 2004

This is an update

Printing a test page from CUPS works
Printing from notepad gives the error : "A *StartDocPrinter* call was
not issued " (transletd from french)
Printing from Wordpad gives  the error :  "impossible to launch printing"
Looking in the printer pannel of the station gives for the printer
"Access refused. Connection impossible"

My station is win xp sp1, and i 'am loging in a samba domain.

Printing directely to printer with tcp/ip works .

Were's the problem.

> Hi,
>
> i justed installed cups ( 1.1.20final+rc ) on Debian Sarge+samba 3.0.8-2
> I installed  my first printer with web interface.
> The printer is a HP 4000N.
> I put App/socket/HP Jetdirect, URI socket://192.168.251.21:9100,
> Model/driver type: Raw, Model/driver Model : Raw Queue (en)
>
> On the windows Xp1 station i installed this printer but when i want to
> print i get this message  "A *StartDocPrinter* call was not issued "
> (transletd from french)
> and nothing is printing
>
> Here my samba configuration
>     load printers=yes
>     printing=cups
>     printcap name=cups
>
>     [printers]
>     path=/var/spool/cups
>     browseable=no
>     public=yes
>     guest ok=yes
>     writable=no
>     printable=yes
>     printer admin=@superviseur
>
> 1) what's wrong
> 2) did i declare correctly my printer in cups (i saw that you can
> declare like http://x.x.x.x, or smb:// or ipp:// ?
>
> Thanks for any help

Patrick DUBAU
IUFM d'Alsace -  Service Informatique : "Parfois détruire, souvent construire, toujours Servir"
200 avenue de Colmar 67100 STRASBOURG
Téléphone: 03.88.40.79.76