How do I change the default font?

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Sun Dec 12 09:14:47 PST 2004

Mal, McLean wrote:

> Helge Blischke wrote:
> >
> > Currently (CUPS 1.1.x) it is hardwired in the texttops filter.
> >
> > Helge
> >
> Hmm, I suspected as much.
>
> I would have thought that being able to change this would be a feature already implemented.  After all, our old SCO spooler allows us to select printer-resident fonts to use.  Thus we cannot emulate a simple printout from an old, tired system using an up-to-date high-tech spooler? :-(
>
> Oh well,  back to the drawing board.

Well, I've been imprecise in my answer. As Michal Sweet pointed out, the
testtops
filter gets the font information from the charset files (usually in the
/usr/share/cups/charsets directory). You could try to copy a suitable
charset file
under a new name, say my-charset, and replace "Courier" by the font name
you need.
Then print using the option
	-o document-format=text/plain,charset=my-charset
or
	-o attributes-charset=my-charset
and see what happens.

Helge