[cups.general] Re: Bad performance with large job history

anthony at alperts.com anthony at alperts.com
Thu Dec 16 15:05:58 PST 2004

Here's what RedHat had to say about the problem;

Hi there,
The cnnnnnn numbers within the cups spool directory are used as part of cups abailaty to keep a history of files printed.

Within the file /etc/cupsd.conf you can change the two following options to change the cupsd behaviour :

PreserveJobFiles No
PreserveJobHistory No

by default cups does not preserve Files, but it does preserve a history, so setting the history to no should stop these files from being kept.

You will need to restart the cupsd service for the change to take effect.