[cups.general] epsonstylus c64 driver (Tim Johnson)

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Thu Jul 15 09:34:32 PDT 2004

* Robert Morgan <robert_ at ihug.co.nz> [040713 13:33]:
< ... >
> >Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:30:01 -0800
> >From: Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com>
> Tim Johnson wrote:
> >I have recently acquired an EpsonStylus C64
> >USB printer. What is the appropriate cups driver?
> >(I have RH 9.0 as OS, do not see it in the list.)
> >and
> >where do I get it?
>
> Similar to the Epson Stylus C84, but slower and cheaper. C63, C64, and
> PX V500 are the same, C64 is the name for the US market, PX V500 for
> Japan, and C64 for the rest of the world. These printers are also
> capable of full-bleed (borderless) printing.
>
> Parallel and USB ports.
>
> Needs Gimp-Print 4.3.21 or 4.2.6pre2 (or newer versions), this printer
> does not work with the drivers for the C82 or C84.

  Hi Bob:
  Thanks for the information.
  I have just gotten 4.2.6 as tarball and installed it.

> RH9.0 comes with an earlier version you will need to get  4.2.6 and rpm -U

  I presume that in the line above you meant to write
  "4.3.21 and rpm -U" ?

  I have not found either of the versions the you mention above at
  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/

  I have downloaded 4.2.7-pre1.
  Will that work?
  tim