[cups.general] Printer refusing to duplex

Mac Mason mac at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Jul 20 16:12:18 PDT 2004

So, I've got a printer with a duplexer; however, running

lp -o sides=two-sided-long-edge <file> (as root)

results in non-duplexed output (in my test case, it producs two
single-sided pages, not one two-sided page)

Thinking it might help, I used lpoptions (again, as root) to automate duplexing,and now lpoptions produces the following output:

job-sheets=none,none sides=two-sided-long-edge

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks!

    --Mac
Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac at cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129
Harvey Mudd College