[cups.general] Dependency Nightmare

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Fri Jul 23 08:27:06 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 17:41, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * Jeff Hardy <hardyjm at potsdam.edu> [040721 11:47]:
> > Check out the rpm man page:
> >
> > rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps PACKAGE_NAME.rpm
>
>  Good tip!
>  Now I need to know whether or not the
>  list of packages below is complete:
>
>    gimp-print-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm
>    gimp-print-debuginfo-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm
>    gimp-print-plugin-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm
>    gimp-print-cups-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm
>    gimp-print-devel-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm
>    gimp-print-utils-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm
>
>   Are there any more that I need?

Assuming you've done all rpm installs of everything, rpm should tell you
if there's anything else you need.  If something is missing (a file,
etc.), you can run queries using rpm or check out a site like
rpmfind.net to fill in the missing pieces

>   Is there any in that list that if installed,
>   might create further problems?

Only one way to find out:)  I myself haven't done anything with
gimp-print.

>   Thanks, Jeff
>   (gratefully)
>   - tim -