[cups.general] Re: Duplex problem

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Tue Jun 15 10:15:03 PDT 2004

> Well, both files print duplex if requested from the command line (-o
> sides=two-sided-long-edge)
> at least with my installateion (CUPS 1.1.19 and the alternate pstops
> filter). But it may be
> that the 1.1.20 pstops filter is more regirous with respect to DSC
> comnpliance.
> Both files lack the "%%BeginProlog" comment line which may screw up
> things belonging into the
> prolog or setup section, respectively.
>
> Perhaps you could contact the radical eyes people to make dvips really
> DSC compliant (it should
> be not too difficult, believe me).

Excuse me for jumping in in the middle of this thing, but Im having the
same sort of problems.  From where I stand, its NOT a question of
Postscript compliance, its HOW DO I PRINT DUPLEX BY DEFAULT.

Until I can, I can't use this version of CUPS, Until I can use this
CUPS, I cant move forward to Fedora2.  The fact that I could print duplex
from the command line I already knew, what I need is to be able to
print duplex by default on this printer.

And yes, I could go in and alias all of the commands to add the duplex
thing to them, but then my users would be asking how to print single
sided when they needed it.

The problem is NEW and in CUPS.  If it is a compliance thing then someone
(say the documentation) should come out and say so.  Until then I have to
assume it is just an uninitialized variable, or an actual change in the
initialization in some module.

Come on guys, someone has got to know what they changed.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com