[cups.general] Printing off the top of the page

Chris Cameron chris at upnix.com
Tue Jun 15 14:59:47 PDT 2004

Second try to get this fixed.

Trying to setup an HP LaserJet 5Si MX with CUPS. Regardless of what I
do, text gets printed off the top of the page.

I've tried on SuSE 9.1 and RedHat 9 with the exact same results.

RedHat is running the following:
CUPS 1.1.17, gs 7.05, hpijs 1.3

SuSE is using:
CUPS 1.1.20, gs 7.07 and any 5Si drivers available.

We're using Letter size paper, and it is correctly set to that in all
cases, but when I print test pages, (aside from the printing going off
the tope) the CUPS printing page reports the size as 207.4x270.9mm,
which isn't Letter size.

Manually fooling with Imageable area and dimensions has no effect. I've
also played with all the Postscript options (used level 2 and 3).

Can someone please tell me what needs to be looked at to fix this? I'm
knee deep in paper and am kind of sick of dealing with CUPS.

Thanks,
Chris

As a backup plan, is anyone aware of a place that offers per-incident
CUPS support? CUPS is dragging down my NT migration plan.