[cups.general] Colors and accounting with HP LJ 4600

Martin Drab drab at kepler.fjfi.cvut.cz
Wed Jun 2 07:15:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Guenther Frick wrote:

> Martin Drab wrote:

> You must differ between the printer name that you assign to a printer
> during setup and the model name in the PPD file.
> I'm think only the printer name is used.

I don't think I know what you're talking about. Could you please explain a
bit more what names and what setup are you talking about?

In both PPD files (orig. HP and hpijs) it states:

	*ModelName:     "HP Color LaserJet 4600 PS"

and the printer name (under which the CUPS is recognizing the printer) is
KIPLCOL. However I don't see how are these two (supposed to be) related,
and how they should be related to the page accounting. I think the
problem has to be in that the original HP PPD generates something
that makes the pstops filter not do the accounting (or perhaps it doesn't
generate something it should)? Perhaps I just don't understand?

Martin Drab