Additional pages with Postscript error messages.

Vegar Nilsen vn at cl.no
Thu Jun 3 09:32:27 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem with one of the printers at a customer's site. When I'm
printing from the Windows 2000 clients I get two additional pages, one
empty, and one with lots of Postscript error messages. This also happens
if I print to the PDF backend from these clients. If I print a test page
from CUPS itself everything works just fine.

To illustrate this I've put a few samples here:

http://vn.cl.no/cups/

The file readme.txt describes what each file contains.

The printer is an HP Business Inkjet 2230, non-Postscript ink printer.

Software versions:
root#flyinglure [~] uname -sr
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p4
root#flyinglure [~] gs -v
GNU Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-05-17)
root#flyinglure [~] espgs -v
GNU Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-05-17)
root#flyinglure [~] cups-config --version
1.1.20

CUPS is installed from an updated ports tree, with no error messages
during compilation.

Since this problem wastes quite a lot of my customer's fancy letterheaded
paper I would really appreciate any pointers to how I can get rid of these
error messages. (I've tried redirecting stderr to /dev/null in the shell
scripts, with no effect.)

Thanks,

Vegar.
--
"POS 51. It's like a personal visit from God."
 -- Elmo McElroy (Samuel L. Jackson) - the 51st State