print job: document with 8 Screenshots: cups server is processing and printer is not printing

greifenwald ks at wiwi.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jun 2 05:10:08 PDT 2004

Hi!

My config: a linux client (cups client), a windows client (win-ipp) and a linux server with cups-server (redhat 9). my printer is a hp5500dn (96 MB)(color-laserjet) which is attached by jetdirect to the network. the printer is connected to my cups-server via ipp (socket://pinter:9100).

Printing is working fine from linux client and from windows client.
Normal documents, documents with only one screenshot in it...)

But if I print a large document with 8 Screenshots in it, the cups server is "processing" and I can not wait until it prints. After 30 minutes I canceled the job. Tested from windows and from linux client.

Does anybody knows how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

greifenwald