[cups.general] Configure printer problems on Debian Woody

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Tue Jun 22 04:42:13 PDT 2004

Hi.

I installed a new printer in my network. I added it to the
system by using web interface (http://localhost:631/).

I'm now trying to configure basic printing options like page
orientation,... Unfortunately I'm getting all the time the error:
----
Admin
Error:

client-error-not-found
----

Installed cups packages on my system:
----
$ dpkg -l | grep -i cups
ii  cupsomatic-ppd 0.20010420-4   cups printer ppd's from
LinuxPrinting.org
ii  cupsys         1.1.14-5       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.14-5       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD
comman
ii  cupsys-client  1.1.14-5       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client
pro
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.0-4        gimp-print printer driver for CUPS
ii  cupsys-pstoras 1.1.14-5       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) -
pstoraster
ii  gimpprint-doc  4.2.0-4        User Guide for GIMP-Print and CUPS
ii  kdelibs3-cups  2.2.2-13.woody KDE print system (CUPS support)
ii  libcupsys2     1.1.14-5       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
ii  libqtcups2     2.0-4          Qt interface library for CUPS
ii  qtcups         2.0-4          Qt front-end for CUPS.
----

I increased logging to debug level, however I didn't figure out what is
going on.

How can I solve this problem?

How can I configure the printer?

Regards,