poll and relay

dl279 at cam.ac.uk dl279 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 05:15:45 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have two subnets A and B with one cups server each. One is a solaris box the other one is a RedHat box respectively. I would like all the printers in subnet A to be visible/available for computers in subnet B.

I have included these in the cupsd.conf file on server B:

BrowsePoll serverA:631
BrowseRelay 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.255 (subnet B)

thinking that all computers in subnet B would be able to see the printers through server B but that doen't happen except for server B which can see all printers of subnet A.

I would like not to have to insert BrowsePoll serverA:631 in every conf file of every cups client.

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong or help me with this?

Davide.