[cups.general] Re: Samba & cups: how exactly work together?

Toni tonimont at ya.com
Wed Jun 16 10:23:43 PDT 2004

Thank you very much for your response, Adrian, you put me on the trail. A
lot of docs reading did the rest ;-). I had (among others) two errors:
First, printer queues were not configured to accept raw files, so jobs from
Windows clients (with its own drivers) were ignored. Then, the samba spool
(that I had set to /var/sppol/samba) had not enough permissions.

I'd like to recommend, to anyone experiencing similar difficulties, the
"Short Guide on UNIX Printer Serving with CUPS and Samba" of Andreas
Ntaflos:

     http://daffit.meownz.info/cups-samba.pdf

And the 18 (and 17) Chapter of the exhaustive new "The Official Samba-3
HOWTO and Reference Guide" by Kurt Pfeifle et al.

http://samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/docs/man/howto/CUPS-printing.html

Regards,
Toni