[cups.general] CUPS & Ghostscript

v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com
Thu Jun 10 06:54:40 PDT 2004

Hi !!

I recently downloaded the source code for CUPS 1.1.20 and GNU Ghostscript
7.07b and built them individually on my system.

Can you please tell me / direct me to a link as to how I can integrate the
two such that -
1. A simple "lp tiger.ps" is able to print the postscript file, unlike the
complicated gs commands.
2. If I dont need postscript printing, how do I make use of ghostscript's
printer drivers so that I can print text & image files to say Lexmark &
Epson printers.

Thank you in advance.

- S u d e e p    V
Unless you jump from the frying pan to the fire, all you get is a raw deal.