cups print half page on Epson lq-1050

Hristo Filkov filkov at castor.uni-trier.de
Fri May 28 06:06:58 PDT 2004

Hello,

I just installed a new Suse 9.1, updated the kernel so it is version 2.6.4-54.5-default. I run cups, which came with the distribution, version 1.1.20. Configured everything with Yast using the offered selection which was Epson-24 pins. My Printer is model Epson lq-1050. I am able to print the test page, but the curiosity is, that the printer prints about 3/5 (vertical) of the page, the rest is left blank. I thought first i need new printer but the test with Windows showed, that the printer is OK. Does anybody have an Idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance