Automatic Deactivation of Printers

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Fri Nov 5 05:54:13 PST 2004

Rainer Arnst wrote:

> Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Whenever a printer is offline for a certain amount of time, it
> > seems cups is stopping its queue
> > automatically. Is there a way to turn this off?
> > Never seen somethimg like that. Could you post a section of the
> > error_log file (preferrably with log level debug turned on)?
>
> Okay here it comes. I turned off a printer waited for a while and at
> some point it got deactivated in
> cups. Then I reactivated it a couple of times; every time it was
> deactivated after some seconds. Is
> there a way to complete disable auto-deactivation?

Well, your socket backend exits with status 1, and the scheduler
complains "connection reset by peer". Obviously there is
something wrong with either your printer or your setup.
Whenever you start the printer, the hanging jobs gets active
again, the printer resets the connection, ...

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung