[cups.general] cupsaddsmb not adding nt drivers

Peter Kobe kobe at physik.uni-bonn.de
Fri Nov 5 23:10:05 PST 2004

Bob ,
> Greetings,
>
> I am setting up a test system with a fresh cups 1.1.22, and samba
> 3.0.8rc2.  Cups for the UNIX host if working just fine.  Odd things when I
run cupsaddsmb - it is only adding drivers in the "WIN40" directory -
> it never even tries to access the "W32X86" directory.  I've never seen
> it act t`like thios before.  DOes anyone have any idea what would prevent
> it from trying to add drivers for NT/2000 machines?
>
> I issue the following:
> /usr/sbin/cupsaddsmb -U root -v ur26
>
> and I see the normal output writing the files to the WIN40 directory, tells
me is suceeded, and then it just stops.

> Any ideas?
Michael Sweet answered to my same question 10 days ago:
man cupsaddsmb

You need to copy the Win2k drivers to the drivers directory.

It is really worthwile reading
Peter
--
Dr. Peter Kobe				Tel: (49) 0228 73 6358

Physikalisches Institut			Fax: (49) 0228 73 3220
Universitaet Bonn

Nussallee 12			      eMail: kobe at physik.uni-bonn.de
D53115 Bonn