[cups.general] How to set up a filter to do a lf2crlf ?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Oct 28 06:35:22 PDT 2004

Hello,

On Oct 28 11:32 Anonymous wrote (shortened):
> I would like to convert files with a lf at the end of lines by a crlf.
> I know there is a script called lf2crlf, but how can I use it with cups ?

Make a so called "System V style interface script", see
"man lpadmin" and "man filter".

> Note : my printers can't map by themselves lf to crlf

I guess you also need to add a formfeed at the end of each job
to get the last page out of your printer.

Additionally you may want to recode the characters of a plain text
input file to your printers encoding.

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2003/06/jsmeix_print-cups-filters.html
"Printing Plain ASCII Text in Printer-Specific Encoding"

Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX AG, Maxfeldstrasse 5                 Mail: jsmeix at suse.de