[cups.general] Black prints blue

robin robin at rektau.ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 11 14:50:57 PDT 2004

Hello,

Has anybody else come across this problem; text now prints blue instead
of black, including the cups print test page.

Kernel version: Debian 2.4.25-k7
Device               /dev/usb/lp0
Cups:               ii  cupsys         1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - server
                       ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - BSD comman
                       ii  cupsys-client  1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - client pro
                       ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-7        Gimp-Print
printer drivers for CUPS
                       ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-7        Gimp-Print
printer drivers for CUPS

Printer             epson c70 (individual ink tanks)
Ink levels         all over 50%

Action so far: Checked logs - no error messages
                     Shutdown printer and removed power lead for 30 secs
                     Run /etc/init.d/cupsys stop and start
                     Full reboot.
                     Running a nozzle check via escputil black is black.

Only thing that has changed on my system is the addition of open-office
about a week ago but I cannot say the problem coincides with that.

Thanks

Robin