[cups.general] update to cups 1.1.21: /usr/lib/i686 no such file or directory

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Mon Sep 20 15:06:42 PDT 2004

ekkard gerlach schrieb:
> Klaus Singvogel schrieb:
>
>> ekkard gerlach wrote:
>

>> Maybe you didn't install package ghostscripti-library or overwrite the
>> SUSE version of ghostscript: /usr/bin/gs
>

> gerlach at rex2:~>rpm -qa | grep ghost
> ghostscript-fonts-other-7.05.6-23
> ghostscript-fonts-std-7.05.6-23
> ghostscript-library-7.05.6-23
> ghostscript-x11-7.05.6-23
>
> ghostscript-library IS installed ...
> How can I overwrite Suse ghostscript else?
> Did you mean what you wrote?
>
> Every two months I have some hours of trouble only because
> of Suse special-packages ... that are not standards.
> I have to earn money with linux on PCs of my customers.
> Is Red Hat better? Hmmm ... all cracks got to Debian,
> I  think thats the way ..  I'm no longer interested in a
> linux distribution that appears perfectly but is updateable ...
>

>>> It's the same state like yesterday. This evening I'll
>>> install cup 1.1.21 once again. Perhaps it's running ....
>>

>> Good luck.
>>
>> Hopefully, I can make some 1.1.21 packages for older distributions.
>> But I'm currently very busy at work with other things. So don't
>> expect them within the next 2 weeks.
>>
>> If you can live with cups-1.1.21rc2 install them from there (or from

I tried it. But it didn't help. The thing is not that I wand cups
1.2.21, I want gimp-print 4.2.7 because it supports my Epson64C!

> I originally wanted to install gimp-print 4.2.7 but cups don't want to
> print because auf gs-error.
>
> I just tried espgs-7.07.1  instead of Suse8.2 gs. But nothing better:
> error_log:  ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
> ohh ... fu....ing gs !!

I tried gimp-print 4.2.7 with Suse8.2 and with  Ghostscript 7.07.1.
No success. Error see above.
Perhaps it was because I deleted all ghostscript-packages, see above.
Is Ghostscript 7.07.1 containing fonts??? - I hate it that Suse mixes
packages and gives names that are confusing.