[cups.general] CUPS 1.1.20 - dependencies/RPM

Chris McKeever techjedi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 08:38:30 PDT 2004

I found a SRPM for CUPS 1.1.20 and I looked at the SPEC file and
noticed that it requires:
XFree86-devel
dbus-devel

both of which I do not think I have installed - however, when I
compile from source it seems to work fine (I havent actually ran make
install and tested, but it seems to compile fine)

Are these actual dependencies?

The only reason I am on this, is that I was trying to play with
building my own RPMS, and noticed that this CUPS one i found seems to
just run a lot of patches (back from 1.1.14) and then had these couple
strange dependencies....does anyone know where a clean CUPS RPM is
located??

slightly off topic - if there is anyone good wiht making RPM's out
there, If you could point me to a good HOWTO, I would be
appreciatiative (I have the RH RPM book, and they seem to make it seem
easier than what I have found looking at some SPEC files)