Common UNIX Printing System 1.1.21rc2

Christoph Peus cp at uni-wh.de
Mon Sep 6 08:27:06 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:

> We'll be releasing the new wrapper around the Win2k PS driver in the
> nearish future - source and binaries - but the core functionality is
> provided by the Win2k PS driver (which is the same as the Adobe Win2k
> driver)

I'm looking forward to the release date... :)

>>>     - The pstops filter now makes sure that the prolog code
>>>       is sent before the setup code (STR #776)
>>>     - The pstops filter now handles print files that
>>>       incorrectly start @PJL commands without a language
>>>       escape (STR #734)
>>

>> The postscript output generated by the Adobe PS driver for the
>> laserjet 4100 still makes the printer print countless pages of
>> postscript sourcecode starting with @PJL... commands. The pstops
>> binary executed by cupsd is definitely from 1.1.21rc2. This shouldn't
>> happen anymore or have I misunderstood the release notes?
>

> If you are seeing this, please file a STR and attach the PS output
> from the Windows driver ("Print to file" in the print dialog) and
> a LogLevel debug error_log file from the CUPS server.  I'd guess
> that the file is coming in as "raw" or "text" and thus is missing
> those checks.
>
> http://www.cups.org/str.php

Done.  -> STR #880

When I've understood the errorlog correctly the output is auto-typed as
type "text/plain" indeed.

I noticed that the line endings of the ps sourcecode of the "print to
file" output are completely DOS-style whereas the line endings of the
PJL commands are unix style, so from a DOS view they appear to be all on
one line. Could this be part of the problem?

Christoph