passing solaris printing options to CUPS server

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Sep 3 02:42:16 PDT 2004

Thanks to Helge Blischke and Michael Sweet for your swift replies.

So, I have followed your advice and (compiled and) installed CUPS on the solaris client.  I then updated the /etc/cups/client.conf file to point to the cups server.  Printing with the format options (e.g landscape) now works correctly.

Is there a special procedure to install a "cups client".  I have actually installed a cups server on my solaris client  and simply updated the client.conf file so that CUPS behaves as a client.  It would be prefereable if I could install a cut-down version somehow.

Colin
European Commission