[cups.general] the connection was refused

Bernhard Kleine bernhard at mne.uka.de
Mon Sep 6 05:49:40 PDT 2004

Hallo,
I have installed Cups on a Debian Woody system.

After starting (or restarting) /etc/init.d/cupsys I can connect to
myserver:631/admin and I am asked for administrator name and password. Any
further access, however, to this server is refused.

Since I have another Cups-Server on a second machine I copied the working
cupsd.conf from this server to the first one, but the result is the same.
After one single access any other access is refused.

I suspect that the file-attributes are not properly set. But I cannot find
the directory for the e.g. /printers or /classes

since access is at least once possible, the installed files seem to be
correct.

Using lynx in a terminal I could configure a printer, however,
no acces from remote sites, even those specified individually in
cupsd.conf was possible.

Any help welcome and appreciated

Bernhard

(System:
Debian woody, no x11, cupsys 1.1.20final-12 from backports.org)