Printing problem!

drbista at eparliament.org drbista at eparliament.org
Sun Sep 19 02:19:11 PDT 2004

I have installed the CUPS as default in FC1 and configured my HP LaserJet 4L printer with foomatic+ljet driver some six months ago. The printer didn't work.

Again, I reinstalled the FC1 with the same config configuration on my new hard drive, it worked for about a week and all of a sudden the print to local parallel printer as well as to the ps file from the pdf stopped working.

What could be the problem or such inconsistencies? Actually what happens now is the printing goes well and the printer led bleeps for twice or thrice and goes off. I checked the localhost:631 and the job log shows it as a completed job, but not in reality.

I wish some CUPS or printing veterans help me. I shall be obliged if you could kindly forward any solution to my email (drbista<at>eParliament<dot>org).

Thanking you in anticipation,

Dr. Bista