Brother MFC9880 - is there a driver?

compunuts compunuts at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 22:26:09 PDT 2005

> I have the above printer in my office.  I am able to get it to work as a raw
> printer but I can't print directly to it from my linux machine using cups.
>
> There isn't a cups driver on the Brother website (there is an lpd one).
>
> Is there any way that I can get this to work - is there a compatable driver?

Ask Brother's Linux support email for compartible driver. Chances are if there is an LPD driver, it's just a matter of time releasing CUPS driver set (so they says). But I've got my MFC-8440 to work with MFC9050 driver. According to Brother, many MFC machines have essentially almost the same printer but different function set so printer drivers work the same. I don't know of how much is true though. YMMV.