Paper tray selecting?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Sat Aug 13 10:15:49 PDT 2005

AnDY wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Can you help me?I have problem with printig on a specific paper tray.
> I have HP LaserJet 4100 PS printer on a network (JetDirect) and I have 2 paper trays - first is smaller second is bigger.I am trying to print on selected tray but it doesnt work it always take paper from the same - the smaller one. I downloaded newest driver but nothng diffrent happens.
> I try to use option like: -o itray=tray2 .
> I have CentOS 3.5 with installed cups from the distribution and I setup printers using redhat-config-printer utility.
>
> I dont know what else I should try or what I am doing wrong.
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> AnDY

The printer +presumably has a web interface for administration and configuration.
I suspect the input tray autoselect is on; try to disable it.

What - from my experience - seems always to work is to configure the input trays
to hold specific paper types and then select the propoer media type in the print command.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung