[cups.general] Re: How can I get statistics???

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Aug 24 14:45:11 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:21:15PM -0400, Anonymous wrote:

> Since not all of the printers we have set up have internal page
> counters I could not use PyKota, but it looks like that would be the
> best solution.

PyKota of course works with printers which don't have an internal
page counter.

PyKota features both hardware (internal page counter) and software
(parsing of the job's datas) accounting.

PyKota's software accounting currently recognizes the following
printer languages (some are only used by "virtual" printers) :

        - PostScript (DSC compliant and binary)
        - PCLXL (up to class 2.0, not sure above)
        - PCL3/4/5 (depending on the driver)
        - PDF
        - ESC/P2
        - DVI
        - TIFF (multipage)
        - OpenOffice.org Writer
        - OpenOffice.org Impress

Of course hardware accounting is better in the case of paper
jams, but just use it where you can and use software accounting
where you can't.

hoping this helps

bye

Jerome Alet