[cups.general] use client driver = no !!

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Thu Dec 1 22:46:42 PST 2005

How are you adding the printers?  Just from the CUPS web interface?  In
order to get driver download working, you'll need to run cupsaddsmb, or
set things up (following the Samba Printing HowTo) for the Add Printer
Wizard.

As far as what goes into that print$ share, first you'll need to mimic
the directory structure of the windows\system32\spool\drivers directory
of any Win2K+ box.  Once that directory structure is in place, and
permissions correct, cupsaddsmb or the APW will put files in the right
place for clients.