[cups.general] Printing from read-only file system

v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com
Tue Dec 13 08:40:39 PST 2005

Hello,

Thanks a lot for response !

Version : CUPS 1.1.20.

It was not sufficient to only change things in the cupsd.conf file. The
ServerRoot directory contained a lot of files that were NOT being
written or created and also a lot of files/directories that were being
written/created. Hence I had to change some of the code to use TempDir
instead of the ServerRoot.

I logged into the instrument and tried to add the printer from the
instrument itself. NO remote connection involved here. I set the debug
level to "debug2". The log file shows that the printer has started
correctly. But after that there are no additional messages. However
shutting down the cupsd adds the messages correctly.

- S u d e e p    V
Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth.
-Louis Pasteur.