Performance with large printer database

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Tue Feb 1 13:12:43 PST 2005

Hi Pat.

I have about 2190 printers and when I do an "lpstat -a" in our server, it takes about 35-40seconds for all printers to be listed.

I'm running RedHat Linux ES Release 3, with 4 Xeon 2.8GHz SMP, and 1.5Gb of RAM in our server.

How do you get 6000 printers listed in 8seconds? What kind of hardware are your running for your CUPS server on?

Thanks,
Angel