Printerserver spits extra page

Marc Dirix marc at electronics-design.nl
Sun Feb 6 14:27:30 PST 2005

Hi,

I know this is not a cups problem, but cups might have a sollution to it.
I currently use an SMC barricade router+printerserver (unix spool).

If I print to it from a Unix box, the printer always spits an extra empty
page. While whenn I connect the printer directly to a printerport of
the same pc, everything works fine.
My former printer software (lprng) had the same problem, that's why
I believe the problem is in the printer-server. However, when I print from
a M$ Windows machine, the printerserver works fine, no extra pages.
In windows I select a unix printerport for the printer.

Therefor, my question, is there a way to simulate the windows behaviour?
Or any other option, to suppress something which I think can only be explained by an extra toggling of the "page-feed" signal on the printerport of the printerserver.

Kind regards,

Marc