cvs access fails: how to get cups 1.2.x

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Feb 7 07:13:23 PST 2005

bFoe wrote:
> Hello all out there,
>
> tried to get cups 1.2.x via anon-cvs as described in
> http://cvs.easysw.com/access.html
>
> The cvs system prompts me for a password. I did some "login tests":
> empty password, IP-Adress, e-Mail etc. etc. But the cvs doesn't let
> me in.

It should just be an empty password....  Yup, just tried it and
all went fine.  Do you have a firewall or proxy between you and
the internet?  You'll need to be able to connect directly on port
2401.

> What should I do now? - Or is ther another way to get the cups 1.2.x
> Software?

Not at present.  In the not-to-distant future we will start 1.2 betas
and will also be switching from CVS to Subversion for our live CUPS
repo.