queues stop themselves

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Tue Feb 8 06:03:53 PST 2005

Hi,

we have several network printers connected to a cups server. Somehow our
group members manage to print in the evening and then forget about their
printjobs. So they also forget to fill in new paper into the printer. Every
this happens all queues with waiting jobs will be stopped the next day.

Well, as far as I know I could go ahead and write additional cron jobs to
automatically re-enable those queues (e.g. by directly setting the state
in /etc/cups/printers.conf), but somehow I think the hole idea of
self-stopping printer queues is braindead!

So, is there an option to completly disable this bug/feature?

Thanks,
 Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de