BeginDocumentSetup and EndDocumentSetup

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Feb 9 05:10:10 PST 2005

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:
> > So I believe that the CUPS pstops filter has wrongly treated the
> > above DSC comments. If I delete the %%BeginDocumentSetup and
> > %%EndDocumentSetup comments, then the file can get printed fine even
> > after passing through the pstops filter.
>
> Can you post a URL to a sample file with this problem?

AFAIK, these are not valid comments as to Adobe's DSC conventions.
Moreever,
the "official" comments
	%%BeginDocument
and
	%%EndDocument
which are intended to encapsulate the hwole embedded EPS, e.g., have a
common
prefix with the comments you mentioned. At least the %%EndDocumentSetup
will probably be misinterpreted by the pstops filter as being
%%EndDocument,
which well may completely disturbe the embedded document nesting.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung