ERROR during execution of pictwpstops

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jan 4 06:30:44 PST 2005

Paul wrote:
> Derek wrote:
>
>> Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me please?
>>
>> Mac OS 10.3 not able to print to an LPR printer -
>>
>> From the log: I [16/Nov/2004:10:20:58 +1100] [Job 3] can't create
>> PictWPSDoc from `/private/var/spool/cups/d00003-001'.ERROR during
>> execution of pictwpstops. Error number -9783
>>
>> Print Setup Repair 4.1.5 is not able to resolve it and the archive
>> and reinstall I did today made no difference. I should have tried
>> creating a new user - will try that tomorrow.
>

> We've been haunted by the same problem here (a small retailer based
> in Minneapolis) ... does anyone have any light they can shed?

The best thing to do is post this to the Apple printing list; more
than likely you are running into a PPD file parsing bug in the
pictwpstops filter (current releases use a different parser than
the one in CUPS), and since Apple hasn't opened that particular
filter there is no way for us to fix it or help you here...