Printing on a LAN

Murphy Murphy
Sun Jan 9 00:54:17 PST 2005

I have two Slackware machines setup, one with a printer attached which I have configured and can print to using CUPS fine.

I would like the second machine to print to the printer attached to the first machine however I am at a loss as to how it's done.

On the second machine I have CUPS up and running and understand that on a local network the printers should be listed within 30 secs however nothing gets listed.

Should I add the printer using the CUPS web admin on the second machine, as I did on the first, then point it to the first machine ?

I liked the idea of the printers on the local lan being listed automatically as our lan is a simple 3 workstations and from an admin point of view this sounds very appealing...

Thanks

Murphy