[cups.general] duplex printing problem

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jul 21 00:51:18 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Jul 20 12:35 Nick Rathke wrote (shortened):
> lpr -o sides=two-sided-long-edge works from the print server.
> I am not able to print duplex from OS X, windows
> or other Linux client systems.

See the documentation regarding printing from non-Linux systems.
In particular regarding printing from Windows see for example
the "two longer explanations" at
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2004-Nov/1186.html

When it works on the Linux print server, it will also work on Linux
client systems. See the CUPS documentation and see for example
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/jsmeix_print-cups-in-a-nutshell.html

A general note:
General CUPS options and/or printer specific options may not work
- after you processed the PostScript with the "psutils"
- after you did PostScript prefiltering with Ghostscript (pswrite)
- when the application which produced the PostScript made
  somewhat broken PostScript or if it made already somewhat
  printer specific PostScript (like OpenOffice.org and/or StarOffice)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de