CUPS_SERVER directive issue on AIX systems

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Mon May 16 11:07:52 PDT 2005

Hi all.

I have AIX and Solaris clients using CUPS_SERVER=stlpr500 used
in the clients.conf file.

When I run an "lpstat -a" in a Solaris client, I get a listing
of all printers.

When I run an "lpstat -a" in an AIX client, I get 0 listing. However,
when I do "export CUPS_SERVER=stlpr500", lpstat then able to list
all printers.

Both AIX and Solaris clients are running CUPS 1.1.23 and so does the
server(RH).

Why do I have to export the CUPS_SERVER variable for an AIX system
when I don't have to for a Solaris system?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!
Angel