Samsung ML-1210 printing multiple copies

Gary Dale garydale at rogers.com
Fri May 20 14:40:57 PDT 2005

I sometimes have to print multiple copies of a single-page document -
usually more than a 100 copies. When I print from Windows, the pages fly
off the printer at the full speed the printer can handle.

When I print from Linux however, the pages come off quite slowly. It
seems like the Windows driver (from Samsung) is able to tell the CUPS
server to print however many copies whereas the Linux driver (foomatic)
resends the page to the printer for each copy.

I'm trying to remove Windows from my setup, but the speed difference is
so substantial that I can only practically print from Windows.

I'm guessing that this is likely not the only printer model that has
this problem. Is there any chance of getting the driver updated to
handle printing multiple copies?