64-bit windows XP with cupsaddsmb

Paul Mitcheson paul.mitcheson at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 01:27:17 PST 2005

Dear All,

I have a cups server with samba definitions of the printers, and ran cupsaddsmb to set up the windows drivers.

All works almost almost without a problem (simplex jobs are always getting made up to an even number of pages when printed from windows - but I'll put details of that in another post.)

My main concern at the moment is that we are now getting some XP 64-bit machines, and it seems that the printer drivers for the 32-bit version of XP that I installed with cupsaddsmb are not compatable with the 64-bit windows.

Can anyone let me know how to proceed to have both 32 and 64 bit drivers for my printers working with point and print?  Do I have to run this sort of command manually to register the 64 bit drivers?

rpcclient localhost -N -U'root%secret' -c 'adddriver "Windows 4.0" "infotec_IS2027:ADOBEPS4.DRV:infotec_IS2027.PPD:NULL:ADOBEPS4.HLP:PSMON.DLL:RAW:ADFONTS.MFM,DEFPRTR2.PPD,ICONLIB.DLL"'
    cmd = adddriver "Windows 4.0" "infotec_IS2027:ADOBEPS4.DRV:infotec_IS2027.PPD:NULL:ADOBEPS4.HLP:PSMON.DLL:RAW:ADFONTS.MFM,DEFPRTR2.PPD,ICONLIB.DLL"
    Printer Driver infotec_IS2027 successfully installed.

Thanks,

Paul