PCL driver for Canon iR1600?

mmerlone at gmail.com mmerlone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:44:57 PST 2005

Hello all,

Sorry to post this here, point me the right place to go if it is not here.

I have a Canon iR1600 printer, but could not find a suitable driver for that. I run it with a generic hplj PCL5 driver, but it runs damn slow. I found a PS driver for the printer but it only spits garbage, seems it is not talking PS, just PCL.

I googled a lot and could not find a PCL (ppd) driver for it. Questions:

- Is that a problem with the printer, its config, should it be able to understand PS?
- Is there a PCL driver for that somewhere on the net?

Thanks in advance for any hint, rtfm, etc. Best regards.

--
Marcio Merlone