device drop down blank web admin

Sim Zacks sim at compulab.co.il
Sun Nov 20 23:28:07 PST 2005

I just installed cups1.1.17 on my redhat 8 system to print to a network
printer.
I can get to the website and click Add Printer and then fill in the Name,
Location and Description of the printer.
When I click Continue, it takes me to a page where I should choose a Device
from the drop down list.

There is nothing in the list.

I have also tried lpinfo -v and it gives me an error,
"Unable to connect to server, Connection refused"

I get the same error when I tried to set up the printer using lpdadmin

Both the cups and lpd daemons are running

Am I missing something?.