Is cups a total mystery?

anonymous at easyw.com anonymous at easyw.com
Thu Oct 27 13:50:08 PDT 2005

Hello all. I apologize if I am beeing offensive but I cannot believ the lack of information and knowledge on cups. I have asked my trustworthy fourms (this being one) on how to add an LPD Host queue (and actually get it to work) and have gotten no response. The documentation "states" to add xinetd, create the printer service and then HTTP://LOCALHOST:631 and follow all the prompts. That is inadequate documentaion to me!

So my questions area:

- How do I server up an LPD host queue?

- How DO I server up a already defined queue (like Virtual PDF queue) via LPD?

Can someone wow me here, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.