Test Page prints, but no apps can print...

Mike anpost at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:54:01 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have setup CUPS to allow me to print from Mac OS X 10.4.2 to a Windows XP share.

Printing a test page from the web-based CUPS 1.1 Administration Interface works just fine, but trying to print from any application (including the the Safari Web Browser where the successful test page print is initiated) in MacOS X returns the following error:

"Error While Printing"

The error appears to come from the Mac OS X printing subsystem during the "Prepare" phase of the print job.

So, if someone has the solution to this problem I would really appreciate your advice. Otherwise, does anybody know the difference between a "regular" print job from a Mac OS X app and the way the admin tool submits the test page to the printer?

My apologies for the limited information (and knowledge) provided. Please let me know what addditional information is required to troubleshoot this issue. If what I am asking is too invloved to answer let me know that also and I will go back to reading the docs and searching the Internet for the solution.

Thanks,

Mike