Allow printer management (start/stop) and only that.

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:07:18 PDT 2005

to overcome this I wrote my own web interface to cups with perl - Its a little ugly, but it works fine. I do plan on cleaning it up and releasing it at some point. There is also a perl module for cups which has some of this functionality.

Another trick I use sometimes is make a copy of a binary, change the user group to the users I want to give access while still retaining root ownership and doing a chmod 4755 on that binary

ie
cp cancel canceljobs
chgrp printeradmins canceljobs
chmod 4755 canceljobs