How to add digital signing to CUPS-PDF queue

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sun Aug 27 08:37:17 PDT 2006

Pepi Zawodsky <cups.org at maclemon.at> wrote (Sunday 27 August 2006 16:13):

> I want to add a digital signature to the PDFs printed through a
> certain CUPS-PDF queue. (For use as digitally signed invoices.)
> The needed key pair and certificate are available as .p12
> certificate. (I can convert to .pem or .cer format)
>
> How can I add digital signing to the PDF print queue?

AFAIK, there is no such thing yet available anywhere on the 'net.

Digital signing of PDFs is not yet a very commonly used thing in the
Linux or OSS world.

> I have already searched the fora here, and also have googled around
> a lot. I only found commercial solutions that cost 4 digit Euro sums
> which is ridiculous.
>
> I am using Mac OS X (Server) 10.4.x (aka Tiger) and CUPS-PDF 2.4.

Can you give an URL for that specific "CUPS-PDF 2.4" you are using?

Please be aware, that there are numerous PDF-creation utilities out
there, all with similar names, and none of which are originating from
CUPS.org and in any way officially supported thru the CUPS forums.
However, I'm interested in that particular aspect, and prepared to do
some research how it could be added to PDF creating CUPS print queues
(I've already a rough idea about it).

> CUPS itself tells me Version 1.1.23 in the webinterface.
>
> Thanks for your assistance!
> MacLemon

Cheers,
Kurt