Pages come out backwards

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sat Dec 16 21:16:18 PST 2006

> I am using CUPS to print via IPP to an HP LaserJet 1012 that is connected to my wife's Mac (running OS X).  If a file is printed from the Mac, the first page comes out first.  If the file is printed from my machine (running Ubuntu 6.10), the first page comes out last.

>From which application do you print the job on the client? And if
you print from the commandline, which file format are you sending
off to print?

Are you aware of the various job options supported by CUPS, such as
"-o outputorder=reverse"? (see http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sum.html#4_3_3)

You can use (as user, on the client) one of the commands

  "lpoptions -d your_printer_name -o outputorder=reverse"
  "lpoptions -d your_printer_name -o outputorder=normal"

to make the desired output order a default that will be used by
each job that does not explicitely set its own output order. That
setting will be remembered in the user's $HOME/.lpoptions file.

It could well be that you have used a GUI like kprinter, xpp or
gtklp in the past and saved a specific outputorder that is now
still being applied to all jobs, no?

Cheers,
Kurt