Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Dec 27 03:01:15 PST 2006

Wilbert Alberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to get a HP Laserjet 1220 to print using cups on a NSLU2. I
> managed to the the printer recognized. However, whenever I try to print
> a test page, I get:
>
> Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!
>
> /etc/opt/cups/mime.convs contains:
>
> application/postscript  application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      pstops
>
> /opt/lib/cups/filter contains a pstops that seems to work:
>
> bash-3.2# ./pstops
> ERROR: pstops job-id user title copies options [file]
>
> What part is missing from this puzzle?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wilbert.

Which PPD do you try to use with that printer? I suspect you use a
PPD that specifies a special filter (via the *cupsFilter: "..." statement)
which references some specieal data type, and CUPS cannot establisch
a chain from application/postscript to the final data type.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung